Dermal filler can be used to define the jawline and chin and to resculpt and rebalance the face, accentuating what you naturally have.
Dr. Michael Aicken has been using hyaluronic acid gel (dermal filler) to enhance patients’ features for over 14 years. He has taught his own technique to thousands of trainees from around the world. During your consultation, Dr. Aicken can discuss the desired outcome and what you are looking to achieve. Various adjustments can be performed as part of the jawline and chin filler. “Masculinisation” may involve accentuating the squaring of the lower face, whereas “feminisation” typically involves softening the jawline or making it more ‘heart-shaped’. Definition or softening can be done to any face, and often combined with other treatments such as cheek filler or anti-wrinkle toxin for maximum results. In addition, the appearance of a jowl or a sagging jawline can be improved with dermal filler. Either dermal filler or Aqualyx or a combination of both can be used to improve the appearance of the double chin (submental) area.
How is the jawline treated?
There are a few options here – typically a combination of the following is chosen to suit an individual’s needs.
- Facial rebalancing. This can be in the front or side profiles or both. Your ‘ideal’ facial shape can be discussed and small changes can be planned to tweak things in the right direction. For example, a round face can be given more of a contoured shape and a short chin can be brought forwards a few millimeters to align better with the eyes and nose
- The appearance of the jowl can be improved by using dermal filler to create a straighter and sharper jawline
- The contour at the angle of the jaw (below the ear) can be improved using dermal filler
- The loose skin or double chin (or combination of both) contributing to the softened mandibulo-cervical angle, can be improved by using a combination of dermal filler and a fat dissolving injection, such as Aqualyx or Deso
- The ‘Nefertiti lift’ (named after Queen Nefertiti) is a method of improving the appearance of platysmal bands using Botulinum Toxin on the neck
How long does it last?
The dermal filler will last 6-12months whereas the Toxin injection will last 3-6 months. Results can be topped up as needed.
Will it hurt?
An anaesthetic numbing cream will be applied to the area ahead of injecting. This will minimise discomfort. However, the filler itself also contains lidocaine which will optimise comfort levels throughout. Additionally, as Dr. Aicken has vast experience in injecting dermal filler, his injection technique will also limit discomfort.
What is the downtime?
There is very little downtime with dermal filler, however, as with all injections, it is possible that some slight bruising will occur afterward, along with some possible swelling. We ask that you try to refrain from touching the area directly afterward. That being said, as treatments go, there is very little downtime, and after 12 hours makeup can be applied. With toxin, results will appear in 1-2 weeks.
What will it cost?
Our dermal filler is £230 for 1ml and then £100 for every 1ml after that.
For the Toxin, prices start from £160